Parent Code of Conduct
As a parent/guardian of a Ladysmith Softball player, I understand that Ladysmith Softball’s only goal is the development and enjoyment of its players. I confirm that I have read and will respect the following expectations.
- I will remember that my child plays sport for his or her enjoyment, not for mine.
- I will encourage my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
- I will encourage my child to respect the rights of other players, coaches, fans & officials.
- I will teach my child that doing one’s best is as important as winning, so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of a game/event.
- I will make my child feel like a winner every time by offering praise for competing fairly and trying hard.
- I will never ridicule or yell at my child for making a mistake or losing a competition.
- I will remember that children learn best by example. I will applaud good players’ performances by both my child’s team and their opponents.
- I will ensure my child is at the field for the stated time and they will have their equipment.
- I will never question the official’s judgment or honesty in public.
- I will support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from children’s sporting activities.
- I will respect and show appreciation for the trained volunteer coaches who give their time to provide sport activities for my child, understanding that I have a responsibility to be part of my child’s development.
- I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games and practices, unless I am one of the official coaches of the team.
- I will demand an environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco and alcohol, and I will refrain from their use at all sporting events.
- I will have respect for all the facilities and equipment used in the sport.
- I will keep my animals at home or in my vehicle, no animals may be on the fields at any time.